Who needs a proofreader and/or copyeditor?
The list is almost endless. Think of the places you have seen errors. Everything in print needs to be proofread. No matter how well written the copy, it is often difficult for the writer to focus on writing, editing, AND proofreading in order to do the job well.
Writing and editing are broad; proofreading is detailed.
Our eyes see what we think we wrote. It is easy to miss errors, even after going over the copy more than once. A second set of eyes is priceless.
Your benefits from my services
- Free up your valuable time.
- Take the guesswork out of what you wrote.
- Provide peace of mind knowing your copy/text is thoroughly reviewed and errors are detected and corrected.
- Quality control.
We all know that impressions are important and are an immediate reflection of a person or business. Clean, polished copy gives a positive impression of you, your business, agency, or other entity. A positive impression is vital for credibility, reputation, and continued and/or future business.
My proofreading services
Proofreading is a surface check and the final step in the writing process to find and correct errors that include the following:
- incorrect spelling
- subject/verb agreement
- sentence fragments & run-on sentences
- formatting & spacing
- charts, tables & graphs
- obvious facts
My copyediting services
Copyediting involves proofreading plus an in-depth review that includes the following:
- correcting sentence structure and word usage (preserving client style and voice)
- improving flow
- eliminating inconsistency
- improving readability
- using active voice
- avoiding repetition
- fact-checking for accuracy
My proofreading & copyediting categories
- advertising & promotional materials
- email correspondence
- content marketing/digital media
- website & blog content
- guides & handbooks
- press releases
- and other projects
My proofreading & copyediting niches
- advertising copy & business materials
- cooking & baking
- health & wellness
- medical terminology